Red Hook, NY, 12571
Joined on January, 2013
Any day at any time
Up to 30 minutes away for no additional charge
EducationBard College: B.A. in Literature (05/2014)
Year: Junior II
Dutchess Community College: A.A. in Liberal Arts and Humanities (05/2011)
Year: N/A, Graduated
Experience- 5 years tutoring experience in the Northern Dutchess County area.
- SAT scores: Overall = 2030, Reading = 700, Math = 610, Writing = 720.
- I have loved working with children throughout my life, and since middle school I have known that I want to teach. Once I receive my B.A. I hope to work toward my M.A. so that I may become a high school English/drama teacher.
- I have worked with a variety of students: those who attend public schools, those who attend private schools, and those who are homeschooled.
- I currently tutor independently, but I previously worked for the Dutchess Community College Writing Center. I met students in the Writing Center for at least 3 hours/week, and to become a Writing Center Tutor I successfully completed a semester-long class emphasizing advanced writing techniques and good peer-tutoring strategies.
- I am happy to travel to your home or meet at a community building, and I encourage my students to contact me should they have questions. I also conduct distance sessions (phone, Skype).
- I am happy to work with your preferred learning methods so that you get the best out of our sessions together.
- References available upon request.
- Some experience designing my own lessons and implementing them during tutoring sessions.
* PLEASE EMAIL ME TO DISCUSS HOURLY RATE, SCHEDULES, AND MEETING LOCATIONS. I WILL TRY TO MEET YOU ON THE DETAILS AND I OCCASIONALLY OFFER SLIDING-SCALE RATES. *
HobbiesReading, Writing, Laughter, Running, Yoga, Talking with Friends, Theater/Improv, Cooking/Baking, Ultimate Frisbee, Video Games, TV, Movies, Being Outside/Nature
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.